Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!!

As the Christmas season decends upon us it means many different things to many different people. Right now it means that Finals week is upon me once again and I realize how much I was supposed to learn this semester that I have not yet done or feel confused more. Another thing that it means is family. I am pleased to say that I am dreaming indeed of a white Christmas as this year we will be traveling to the snow filled (hopefully) Minnesota to be with Kari's family there. I am really looking forward to this trip for a number of reasons.

I love Christmas time as we pull out the lights and tree and all the many decorations that remind us of our Savior. We had the pleasure of watching the First Presidency devotional tonight and it is a great way to start December. Also, we were released from our calling as Primary teachers this week and Kari was called as the Mia Maid adviser. I have yet to be called and will be enjoying my time as class member. It is good to have adult conversation again in sunday school. We have a new teacher for Gospel doctrine that is really good I like his personality.

My work has been interesting as I was asked to be a contigent supervisor which means that when it gets busy or they are short handed I am asked to fill in. It has made me learn and make sure that I know exactly what it is that I am doing at work and does not allow me to just float along which is good as I need a challange to keep motivated. I know that there has been a lot of talk lately in the media about Citi but I think that it is not going to affect us here because it is a lot of the other bussiness that citigroup owns that are getting cut and sold off. Credit cards is still very profitable so I think I am safe.

Kari is having a good time with her class although they are making it rough with all the budget cuts that are happening here in Nevada it looks bleak for those that depend on the state budget. There has even been talk of increasing college tuition 25% for the spring semester which will be rough for a lot of students.

Well not to be too negative it is Christmas time which is always a cause of Joy.

I promise that we will get some pictures up it is just a little late this week.

Have a good week!

1 comment:

The Hunt Family said...

I didn't know Kari's family was in Minnesota. Paul works in Minnesota every other week. I was so sad to miss flower day this weekend! I heard your mom went. If it wasn't so hard to drive with 2 little babies, I would have been there! Give our love to you guys and all of your family! Can I have your address for Christmas cards? Love you guys! ps-when do you find out what you're having Kari?